sábado, 3 de octubre de 2015

MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY



My relatives and friends have always talked about my personal qualities for helping and listening to others. When I was a child I did not consider to be a teacher as one of my goals, I always wanted to have my own business. Time passes and expectations and desires change too.  In this moment, I do not remember when English caught my eyes but I still remember when I started to attend an English class. The first time I was in touch with English was when I started my high school. It was a very grateful experience because I had never listened to someone speaking in English and it was awesome! My teacher’s name was Astrid and in spite of she was not an English teacher, she was very committed with teaching English and she enjoyed what she did.  I think that it was the first time I consider English as something I had to learn. Unfortunately, in tenth level and eleventh level the principal of the school assigned us other teacher and in spite of that he had a better command of English he did not have that “inspiration” in his practice. The only thing we did in those classes was listening to music, some boring songs chosen by the teacher and we had to translate them. It was quite frustrating. Fortunately, during those years my parents started to travel to Bogota and I had the chance to meet new friends and one of those friends was very good at English, he wrote me messages in English and gave me compact discs with songs in English. I did not know what those songs means but I liked them.
When I finished my high school, I wanted to study business administration and I bought the pin at Surcolombiana University. I had the chance to present my name for two careers so I decided to select business administration and Modern Languages. My score was not enough for administration but I passed to Modern Languages. In the first semester, I realized that the final goal of the career was preparing people for being teachers so I started looking at that option as something suitable for me. I had the chance to be a teacher in the sixth semester and I really enjoyed it. It was grateful to be in touch with other people, to know their needs, listen to and guide them.  Fortunately, I received positive comments about my job and my bosses were pleased with my commitment.  For that reason, I continued working with different kinds of students and schools and every experience has been different and fruitful.
Every day, I thank God for showing me the way and for giving me the chance to guide children and young people.   For me, the most important things are to do my best, to enrich my profession and to be updated and be prepared for my lessons.  Now, I think that my dreams come true, I really have my own business.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario